Sov, Sov, Sov
Posted by Corelin
A pair of things have combined to make me write this post.
- First: Ripard Teg of Jester’s Trek made a very eloquent post on the subject of Time Dilation and why it’s good/bad for EvE.
- Second: A large group of my friends have headed for Nullsec under the Ushra’Khan banner
- Moneymaking is easy. You can do it just about anywhere.
- Things are either safe or they aren’t, and if you pay attention there’s no need to worry about how safe you are, it is a simple binary set.
- The pilots you tend to fly with are usually quite good
- You have the most dedicated leadership possible
- You can use Caps
- Mandatory Ops
- Shooting Structures
- Shooting Structures on Mandatory Ops
- Alarm Clock Ops
- Most fleets are too big to really have an effect on the battle unless you are simply totally fail
- Leadership has their own agenda which may or may not have YOUR interests as a factor.
- When you lose, you can lose BIG. I’ve got 4 ships and hundreds of millions of isk sitting in stations I no longer have access to.
- Markets are poor and logistics are complicated
- Half the time you put together a small roam it seems you whiff and find nothing, the other half you run into someones 200 man fleet.
So again, thanks but no thanks. I’ll stick to lowsec where a 100 man fleet is HUGE, and even 50 is really goddamn big. While I get my guys ready for that, I’ll recruit and stick to empire where you can have a ton of fun with just three guys in your fleet.