A Short History of Corelin 6: Slaughtering Sacred Cows
Posted by Corelin
Having gutted my own corp, I decided to strike out and try nullsec. I had a carrier, although I couldn’t use it for much, and I had plenty of money to buy the ships needed for null. I pimped myself out on the forums and found a new home in Sons of 0din, a member of Cult of War (COW). COW was an Atlas pet and one of the three inhabitants of Scalding Pass. Together with Primary. and Gentlemen’s Club we held the area with the support of Atlas and AAA.
I arrived out there just as the Supermax campaign train of fail was kicking off. For those not familiar with it, IT, Atlas, and all the pets, renters, and mid-rate alliances in the south camped the NCs home system and got thoroughly whelped for reasons that I wont go into here. I never made it in, all our bridges were at the wrong TZ for me. So I ended up missing that campaign and instead running around Aunenenenenenenenen killing random people.
Next I got all my stuff back to Scalding Ass and proceeded to make money on a pretty comfortable scale. Ratting in a carrier was sexy isk. Our PvP consisted of small to medium roams, with occasional large fleets going out for reasons way above my pay grade. FOTM was snipe BS for the big roam, plated ships with huge EHP buffers and long range guns. Smaller roams centered around Snipe HACs and BCs. There was a lot of drunken roaming going on. We had one that ended only after we realized that we had missed the last four kills because we had no ships left with a point and the bad guys were simply warping off.
It was fun, and I learned lots. Things were look up, we had several supercaps, and more were building, internal drama was completely invisible to the rank and file. The large scale fights, usually under members of all 3 of the SA alliances continued, and they were, frankly the most onerous thing about the alliance. The usual Timeline was
- 1 hour before CTA time (CTA – 1h): Log in, get on comms, get in the right ship
- CTA-30m: Fleet is up, get in fleet start moving
- CTA-10m: Fleet is assembled in the right system
- CTA: Fleet is still waiting for more people
- CTA+10m: Still waiting
- CTA+30m: Waiting on a bunch of logis who can’t tell time
- CTA+1h: Start moving to the titan bridge
- CTA+75m: Scout died, wait on a new scout to go out
- CTA+90m: Bridge to the scout, start shooting whatever we are shooting at.
- CTA+120m: Reds bring something out, we start shooting. Ships die.
- CTA+180m: Fleet is either dead or mission is accomplished. Fleet breaks up.