The Platform I Want to See
CSM 7 is coming up. Matching up with the US political system I am not sanguine about my chances of retaining my sanity at all.
The CSM is a very limited body. It is basically a sounding board that offers the opportunity to lobby powerlessly for what they want to bring to the game that they feel will benefit them. Mittens is not going to push for a Tech devaluation in isolation. Meissa will not push for a logistics nerf. So basically the CSM becomes a vehicle for already large and powerful groups to push ideas to benefit themselves on CCP, which is under no obligation to do anything. Now Mittens as chair brings some clout to the game. He has some genuine authority and standing with the players so that he cannot be simply ignored, but all the same there is no formal obligation on CCP’s part to really follow any guidance he gives.
That being said there are things I would like to see in a CSM candidate’s platform
- Mining. No I’m not kidding. FIX FUCKING MINING. MAKE IT A WORTHWHILE PROFESSION. MAKE IT INTERESTING. Yes, I hate carebears and I hate mining. Part of the reason is it is Godawful, make it interesting and I might actually do it! I’m not kidding.
- Better communication from CCP – I want to know what the “Future Vision of EvE” is. Not the future vision of Dust.
- Iterative Content – More Tech 3, ships, modules, whatever. We already know Seleene had a plan when he worked there
- Lowsec – Oh where to start, GCC, gate guns, standings hits, sec hits, moneymaking opportunities, small gang boosts… at this point I’ll settle for damn near ANY lowsec buffs.
- Supercaps. Wild off-the-wall idea. The more mass of ships you move through the cyno the more static it builds up. Ships with static cannot dock, jump, or log out. Bring in your 50 supercarriers? Hope you have a place to hide for the next 6 hours. That 200 supercap blob? Grab a snickers. You are goin’ NOWHERE.
- New Player help – Not necessarily protection, as EvE is a game of consequences, but perhaps ensuring that information is available and players are pointed to it.
I want to expand a little on New Player Help. There is no push towards PvP. Many new people become carebears without even considering other options. They assume that the game is safe, and protects them, and when mean people like me come along they get blown up and killed and I get blamed for it because I did what I do in EvE, in full accordance with the rules, and usages of the game.