And a Little More Thought
So my gut response on winners and losers:
- Nullsec. Goonswarm, PL, AAA, Dirtnap, and more PL all get a trip to Iceland. They will be able to plead their case in person to CCP on anything they are asked.
- Riverini. I don’t know how he thinks the CSM will get him a bigger stake than EN24, and I don’t think he could reasonably run EN24 and be on the CSM at the same time without seriously risking breaking the NDA. “Losing” was the best thing that could happen to him.
- The “Conflict Avoidance Ursine” crowd: Congrats. You’ve got Kelduum going to Iceland.
- Lowsec: Even with small gang candidates Hans and Aleks not getting on a plane at least their voices will be in the discussion.
- Bloggers. With Mittens and Kelduum on the same board I am breaking out the popcorn.
- RPers. Mike Azariah got absolutely BURIED. As did Roc. Still not sure just what went wrong but WOW did this surprise me.
- Fans of Incarna. T’amber was your guy. T’amber lost. Big time. Another argument for breaking up candidacies by some sort of structure and voting between candidates for specific positions rather than the current “at-large” system
- Non PvPers. Ok I understand WHY pvpers are more organised, but again who is going to speak from a position of first-hand knowledge when it comes to truly large-scale mining, manufacturing, and marketing?
- Trolls. Sadly Mintrolio fell well short of the votes needed to make the election as ridiculous as it could be.
- CCP. Another largely homogenous group heading to Iceland to talk to them, and a group that is far less capable of assisting them with the projects for the chosen year, when RIGHT behind those 7 were several candidates that could have really widened the discussion and made a huge difference in the quality of Inferno.