Thanks to some considerable success at work I’ll soon be coming into a good chunk of money, part of which I plan on using to buy plex. BTW thanks PL for dropping the value of PLEX. I hope you will consider my need to make isk before you whelp your next fleet of Titans.
Seriously though, I should have about as much isk as I have ever had, finally giving in and briefly being a wallet warrior. There’s quite a few things I plan on buying, and I’d like to throw out the list to see what suggestions I can get from the peanut gallery. So here we go
- Naglfar – Always been my favorite dread just for the aesthetics. The fact that it’s total FOTM adds considerably to my desire to pull the trigger
- Black Ops BS – Leaning towards the Panther, but entertaining the thought of a Sin. Anyone care to advise me on which hangar queen is most desirable?
- Fittings for 1 and 2. Honestly I’ve been looking at a lot of Nag fits and it almost seems like you want 2 or 3 full sets of fittings depending on what you are doing, is that correct or am I just seeing the most fail killmails.
- A solid warchest of money to engage in arbitrage. I have never really figured out a good income stream for EvE, but this seems like something I can do before work, and that I can do more or less on my own. I’ve tried missions, incursions, and while I can do them, it just doesn’t seem that good. I know there’s not a lot of great routes still out there but it seems like eve-central can make even humble old me do a decent job on trading.
- ALL THE T1 CRUISERS. Seriously I’m about ready to fit up 10 from each race, load them into a carrier and jump them into lowsec. Even if I lose them in job lots I can just start over if I’m making a decent amount of money on #4.
- The alliance shopping list. Every alliance has one, I figure as long as I’m hitting the candy aisle I can pick up the veggies.
I’m mainly looking for opinions on 1-4. I could in theory drop into any dread but the Phoenix because… fuck the Phoenix. I *like* the nag, it’s powerful, versatile, and most importantly: Vertical. I could be sold on the Rev (I figure being the toughest guy in a small gang has its advantages) and ditto on the Moros (still versatile, and who doesn’t like stupidly large damage numbers) but I’m leaning nag.
For BLOPS, there seem to be a lot of choices. The Panther has the Minmatar advantages of speed, and a total lack of Cap dependency, The Sin gives you a swiss army knife if you go gunless in the highs, or a solid beatstick if you shield tank it, and throw down with guns and damage mods, The redeemer has the tank and I always love firin’ mah lazors. Ripard’s Widow fit looks like the FOTM and a good one at that.
Obviously fittings are important. Both of the above ships will be the first I’ve had in their respective categories. I’m trying to avoid my tradition of losing the first ship in any given category within a week, which has held true for everything except carriers and command ships. Seriously. I need to not be losing these.
Finally money making. I am terribad at this. It’s embarrassing. The most success I ever had was manufacturing T3s. This required a lot of moving parts, and while I was quite good at it, and made boatloads of money, a lot of my profit came because I was freeloading on someone else’s POS for R&D and manufacturing. Not really an option at the moment. I also had a couple embarrassments when it came to transportation. Most of these were “You left the epoxy in Jitamart asshat” but one of them was of the “Hey the gankers figured out your schedule asshat” variety. I actually own a researched Archon BPO, and I could probably be doing copies of that just on the side, but without the component BPCs I’m not hardly making a lot of money on that end, even with them I’m not sure about the profitability of the beast these days.
So I throw it to you long-suffering readers. I should have a good load of isk. What to do with it?